What was hard?
Understanding the logic and math behind the birthday paradox was a bit hard. Not because I didnt understand it, but because it just seemed untrue (I guess that is why its a paradox). I also looked it up online to further prove to myself its true. Also, I dont really see the use of the birthday paradox, as the book points out BSGS algorithm is still somewhat superior and it will work all the time.
Reflections:
Even though the book didnt really make clear how the birthday attack is used to successfully attack a system, it still is a cool idea. I hope to see cool examples in the future of using the birthday attack to break a system (with high probability). Also, was nice seeing probability used, some of the calculations reminded me of poison distributions (which is what I think they were using to calculate some of the probabilities).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment