Monday, May 19, 2008

Questions due May 19th

Which topics do you think are most important out of those we’ve covered since the last midterm?

I think the most important topic since the first midterm is factoring and hash maps. I think learning and knowing how to apply the factoring algorithms given to us to try to break cryptosystems is important. Also, the idea of hash maps and there various uses is also important.

What kinds of questions do you expect to see on the midterm?

I expect to see questions asking to factor a certain integer using x method. Of course being there are no calculators the integer would have to be small and the method used would have to be able to be executed in a small amount of steps. I also see questions along the line of "is this a good hash map". Also, I forsee definition questions.

If you were writing a question that would be appropriate for the midterm, what would it be?

Here is xyz hash map function, is it strongly collision free?

Solve 7^x = 12 (mod 41) using Pohlig-Hellman

No comments: