What was the most difficult part of the material for you?
By far the most challenging aspect of the readings was learning about modular arithmetic. I found myself re-reading and doing practice examples until I was able to convince my self of some of the properties. Specifically, when it got to the section on fractions I was having a hard time following. I guess it took me a while to allow me to accept that 1/2 = 6173 in (mod 12345).
Reflections:
I really enjoyed reading the section on shift and affine ciphers. It brought me back to the days of decoder rings in cereal boxes. It was just interesting to see it presented so formally and mathematically as done in these sections. As a kid I would just search every possible key-space but now I have more tools to crack these codes!
I eagerly await the introduction and breaking of my sophisticated cryptosystems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment