What was the most difficult part of the material for you?
The material was mostly straight forward and simple to understand. I am, however, skeptical of the frequency chart methods to crack the codes. It just seems very hand-wavish the way they are able to "guess" the correct corresponding letters via the simple analysis. Of course, they did mention it is very hard to skew the message letter frequencies. After looking at the math of it I guess it made more sense.
Reflections
Like last reading, it was again cool to see the basic cryptosystems I used to play around with as a kid developed in a mathematical sense. The dot products with the frequency vectors did seem like a very clever trick to crack such systems and I enjoyed reading these sections. Of course the math just helps you get a head start, after which, it is back to the guesswork of the childish puzzles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment